From its first take in 2008, Summer Sunscream has grown to brome the Philippines’ most massive summer festival, commanding a roster of talents comprised of only the most powerful in the country’s entertainment industry.
This year, the Ipanema Summer Sunscream is returning for its eighth installment in a bigger and better event on May 22-23, 2015 at the Green Lagoon Park in Compostela, Cebu.
This year’s take on the event will kick off with the Rider Beach Tournament on May 22. Players from the esteemed UAAP league are set to play in the tourney, with prizes pegged at Php 20,000, Php 15,000, and Php 10,000 for the first, second, and third place respectively.
The Rider Dip & Dash Aquathlon will take place on the 23rd, with full distance (2-km swim, 10-km run), half distance (1-km swim, 5-km run) and fun (500-m swim, 2.5-km run) categories.
The two-day activity will culminate in the epic Ipanema Summer Sunscream party, hosted by celebrity Roxanne Barcelo and radio DJ Tom Candy. The event will feature international and local DJs including California’s Vega, South Korea’s Conan, Korean-Japanese duo The Phenomenon, and the Philippines’ Jan Areno, Funk Avy, War Aballe, Maxxie Perez, X-Factor and Jack Stone, among others. The country’s top bands Urbandub, Franco, Powerspoonz and Kamikaze are also set to play at the fete.
1. Rider Beach Tournament: Php 2,500 per group of three (inclusive of Summer Sunscream tickets, beach volleyball t-shirts and loot bag)
2. Rider Dip & Dash Aquathlon: Php 1,500 for full distance, Php 1,200 for half distance, and Php 800 for fun category (inclusive of a Summer Sunscream Ticket, loot bag, t-shirt, towel and tumbler)
3. Register at Bruck Multisport, Dan’s Bike Shop, or Auto Focus; or contact +63 925 520 0222, +63 917 321 6875.
WHERE TO STAY
1. Estaca Bay: Php 6,000 for a two-night stay in a Deluxe Room, good for two.
2. Green Lagoon Beach: Php 8,000 for a two-night stay in a Delue Room, good for two.
HOW TO GET THERE
1. Free bus rides from Cebu I.T. Park to Green Lagoon will be available on the 23rd, at 30-minute intervals, starting at 8:00 a.m.
2. Free bus rides from Green Lagoon and back to the city will also be available, at 30-minute intervals, starting at 2:00 a.m.
3. Airport transfers for non-Cebu residents is available for Php 2,500
1. 3/F Customer Service Counter in SM City Cebu
2. G/F Concierge Desk at the Ayala Center Cebu
3. Concerts & Events Counter at the Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino.
Check out the Ipanema Summer Sunscream event page on Facebook, or contact +63 925 520 0222, +63 917 321 6875 for more details.
Featured image courtesy of TSE Live